Wednesday 14 October 2015

St ives School of painting studies



These are from the Saturday session and I arrived ten minutes before the class to find the door at the top of the stairs locked, I knocked and the model opened the door in her dressing gown, it felt rather illicit and risque, until I entered a room crowded with ladies and a few men poised at their easels. Awkwardly I searched for a spot to stand, ad finally found a corner, my first pose was the model's back as she sat in a chair, and I wondered how I was going to get anything out of the view, then I realised the window looked out to the beach and the sea at Porthmeor beach, and so now I see the picture and hear the surf, and the seaside light coming into the room. The poses were longer than before, with a final 25 minute one, which is the model lying on her back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment