Friday 8 January 2016

The Origin drawing for the hayrick, and an abstraction

Ink on paper with watercolour approx 42cm x 59cm 

ink on paper approx 20x 20 cms
Part of the horse station that inspired me. I was searching for a new way to work, and i was keen to do something with the muscular directness of a Franz Kline, and knew the story of the chair drawing and the Bell Opticon projector which led to his departure from figurative painting. The hayrick had a resonance for me, and within its handmade structure I found the image I was looking for, I did make one large painting of this subject, and though I love it, and it hangs in my kitchen where I see it every day, I don't feel it fulfilled my ambition for this work. These work are unframed, and may be available in the Open Studios in May, but I may have to keep them in order to make more work from them.     

No comments:

Post a Comment