Friday 4 September 2015

I have tried to paint the dead tree which lies opposite the front of the house. The weather bleached branches reach out like an open hand against the deep green of the trees. It lies in a patch of ground left to go wild; a wilderness of grasses, nettles, shrubs and bracken which provides a home to a fox which daily suns itself within the contours of the trunk. Land here is at a premium, houses round the corner in the same road are being offered for £2 million. Property developers must be having palpitations at the thought of its potential, and yet it resists the tide of development, and avoids being partitioned, traded, "ameliorated".  
The watercolour fails to convey the atmosphere I was hoping for, I am working from some sketches I have made, but it seems that i do not have enough information, or skill, to capture what I had hoped for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment