Thursday 3 September 2015

Suddenly I have no idea where I am in the year; i think it could be January or February. I am staying at my sister's house near Guildford, and the rain is sheeting down, making the patio indistinguishable from the surface of the pond. There is a feeling of gloom and being stuck inside. 
 The hard floorboards and tiling are taking a toll on our 17 month old child's knees. My wife attempts to work on her laptop with an internet connection which seems recalcitrant to say the least, given that this is Guildford and not a rain forest. We are both tired and stressed trying to judge the correct tog grow bag for our daughter to sleep through the night.
 I have found an art supply shop within five minutes drive , and replaced some important colours;( green and yellow) and before I know it I have spent £100 and carry out my purchases in an A5 plastic bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment